Friday, November 5, 2010

Asked in the Airport

I work in an airport, and the comments I have heard over the years astound me. Either people become totally brainless when they travel, or they are innately stupid. Nothing else could explain these:


“Where can my dog go to the bathroom?”

“Who will get me from my house to the subway station?”

“What flight did my brother come in on?”

“My ticket says my flight leaves at 2215. Is that morning or evening?”

“I have a ticket to Salt Lake City, and I’m sitting at the gate, and I see there’s a flight to Indianapolis at the next gate. I’d rather go there. Can I just go through that door?”

“My chain saw will fit in the overhead compartment, but they’re telling me I can’t carry it on board.”

“Instead of paying for my ticket can I just donate that amount to the Red Cross?”

“Do I need a passport to fly to Hawaii?”

“Can I drive to Hawaii?”

“Can I find out who has the seat next to me?”

“Where’s level 3?” Me: You’re on level 3. “I wanted to get to level 3.” (Shakes head and walks away)

“I left my leather jacket in the cab. You’re going to have to get it for me.”

Sadly, these are all true.

No comments:

Post a Comment